Gambia International Airlines Limited (GIA) is the national carrier of The Gambia. Since its inception in 1996, it has been providing ground handling services at Banjul International Airport, Cargo Handling for companies and individuals, travel agency services to travellers as well as transport Gambian pilgrims annually to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to perform Hajj. Our well-trained, dedicated and courteous workforce goes the extra mile to provide satisfactory services to our customers as enshrined in our official strap line. In recognition of our excellent services, GIA in 2010 won the prestigious award of the Most Passionate/Improved Handling Company within Brussels Airlines African Network, beating off a record number of other competitors across the continent. This achievement is associated with our attainment of AHM804 certification by IATA.
GIA Mission: GIA aspires to be the leader in the airline industry in the West Africa sub region by providing superior quality services to our customers at reasonable prices and to continuously improve the financial strength of the company.
Our core values:
Satisfaction: Because we recognise customers as important partners, we always render them satisfactory services with a smile; earning us repeated business.
Dedication: We put maximum effort in satisfying our customers’ needs with diligence.
Integrity: Our customers keep coming back to us repeatedly because they trust us to handle their affairs, based on our proven record of accomplishment of reliability.
The customer is the reason why we are in business, so we strain every ounce of our energy to keep them happy and satisfied. For doing business with us, they enjoy the benefit of;
- Our contribution to the Gambian economy and social system
- The services of our skilled and efficient staff; conversant with the widely used Global Distribution System (Amadeus) and Automated Checking System (Sita Departure Control System).
- The able leadership and experienced senior management team.
- facilitating access to services which include:
- AFP Filing
- Flight Operations Assistance
- Irregularity Operations Support
- Liaising with various airport authorities
- Load Control
- Station Control
- Station Representation and Supervision
- Weather Briefing
- Clearance Processing
- Over flight permit
- Revalidating of Flight Permit
- Landing Permit
- Revalidation of Landing Permit
Moreover, we provide ramp and passenger services and charges for these are negotiable.
Scope of Services