In the name of Allah the most Beneficent the most Merciful
Gambia International Airlines, a major hajj operator in The Gambia, welcomes you to a journey of a lifetime. We have over two (2) decades of experience in hajj operations, rendering quality services year after year to the immense satisfaction of our teeming pilgrims.
SERVICE AT A GLANCE:
A. Pilgrim Sensitisation
- Provide first-hand information about hajj to intending pilgrims through radio stations, the national television and personal contact at grassroot level nation- wide.
B. Payment of Hajj Package
- Accept hajj payment at all ECO Bank (Gambia) Ltd branches in Banjul and the Kombo Region.
- Pilgrims are allocated aircraft seats on a first-come, first-serve basis.
C. Processing Hajj Visas
- On payment of hajj deposits, intending pilgrims are asked to submit passports, medical and vaccination certificates as well as two passport-size photos to process their visas.
- We collaborate with the National Hajj Commission to ensure that Saudi Visa officials arrive in The Gambia in good time to issue visas to pilgrims
D. Pilgrim Transportation to and from Saudi Arabia
- Timely airlifting of pilgrims to and from Saudi Arabia.
E. Pilgrim Accommodation
- Comfortable accommodation for pilgrims in both Medina and Mecca.
- In Medina, our pilgrim accommodation is at Markasia, a walking distance of the Mosque of the Holy Prophet (PBUH). It takes some reasonable minutes to walk from the accommodation to the mosque.
- In Mecca, we have clean and tidy accommodation that is a short walking distance away from the Holy Ka’aba.
F. Hajj Performance
- Provision of hajj guides who accompany pilgrims when they are:
- Going to the mosque to pray
- Going to perform ‘Tawaf’ and walking ‘Safa’ and ‘Marwa’
- Visiting holy sites
- Shopping in the markets
- Learning hajj rites and rituals
- Provision of GIA officials who help with:
- Movement from one place to another within the kingdom be it in Medina, Mecca, Mina, Arafat, Muzdalifah and Jamrat
- Preparation of requisite hajj documentation in the Kingdom
- Cordinating the Weighing of pilgrim baggage
- Provision of Medical Personnel
- Medical personnel travel with pilgrims to attend to their health needs